Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dance Show 2011


I'm still kinda riding high from the last two days.
My favourite event of the year is the Creator's dance recital.
I love watching my girls dance, I love helping backstage, I love the costumes, the music, the excitement...the photos!


Mikayla was the only girl who danced this year.
She loves it and this year I could see all the years of dancing are paying off.
When they are little it's so cute to just see them dressed up on the stage but now that she is older, their skill level, stage presence and confidence all come in to play


This is her jazz costume.
Love it!
The night before the dress rehearsal I made some flowers for the girls...I couldn't help myself.
I have issues.




The year we moved here from California I signed Mikayla up for baby ballet (3 year olds).  We met these girls and their moms at dance.  They were our first friends in Kelowna.  I treasured those one day per week dance classes, a chance for something social.  Here we are 7 years later, same girls, same moms.  {I should have gotten a photo of the moms!!}



This year Mikayla tried hip hop.


She's in the middle.
Fun to see her do something new.
Pretty sure she won't be doing it again.
We shall see.


"Parade Days"
Ballet.
So graceful.
I love that Mikayla likes ballet.
Choked up.
Moving on.


The whole class in their costumes.
Mik wasn't thrilled with this costume.
I thought they were fantastic.


Me and my dancer and my baby...
Cambria "helped" backstage.
She slept through the entire thing.
I can't wait till its her turn to dance!!

I am so proud of Mikayla!
The only thing missing from the show this year was Mailee and Maddie.
Hopefully next year there will be more Banmans in the show!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes-I agree...both the friendships of our girls and the moms have been very special and dear to me! Here's to many more years to come...