Monday, October 12, 2009

A Great Visit

We had a fabulous 6 days with my Aunt Barbara (Dad's sister) and my Grammie (Dad's mom). They live in California and we make a point to visit whenever we go down but it was such a treat
to have them up here in our little world! At 92, my Grammie is quite the trooper. I was shocked and thrilled when I heard that she had renewed her passport and was planning a trip to see us. Honestly, every visit I have with her is precious and I try to make the most and soak up as much love, as many stories and take as many pictures as I can because I am not sure how many more times we will have together! Here are the highlights of this visit...


Maddie showing the ladies her Kindergarten classroom. Grammie met and chatted with all the girls' teachers.


I had the whole family over for dinner. I loved having everyone together. This is Mike with his Grandma and her husband and Me with my Grandma and aunt. This is the first time both of our Grandmas have been in the same place at the same time...ever.

Lots of swimming at the hotel..Best Western on the Westside rocks!!!


KLO apple orchard tour



I was so honored to have the ladies make the trip up here. It was a great visit!

2 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

So good to see Grammie! What a woman! Many people would not put out the effort at 92. You look so good too! I miss you.

Grandpa Russ said...

Grammie talked my ear off for nearly an hour Sunday night sharing all about her trip. She even talked about the kid's sleep overs at "Grammie's Hotel!" Sounds like a good time was had by all - thank you for welcoming them into your home!

Love,
Dad